Ottawa – The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes for Friday,
April 6 (Good Friday), and Monday, April 9 (Easter Monday).
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centres located at 110 Laurier Avenue West and 580 Terry Fox Drive, will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, April 10.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, April 10.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention.
Garbage and recycling services:
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling or garbage collection on Good Friday and Easter Monday. Good Friday’s pick-up will take place on Saturday, April 7, and Easter Monday’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, April 10. The collection of green bin, garbage and recycling materials will be delayed by one day for the week of April 9
- There will be no multi-residential recycling container collection on Good Friday. Good Friday’s pick-up will take place on Saturday, April 7, and Easter Monday’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, April 10. Recycling container collection will also be delayed by one day for the week of April 9. However, multi-residential garbage container collection is not delayed and collection will take place on its regular scheduled day.
- The Trail Waste Facility is closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday
- OC Transpo will operate a Sunday schedule on Good Friday. On Easter Monday there will be minor weekday schedule reductions and the cancellation of all school routes numbered in the 600s and supplementary school trips.Recreation services:
- Many pools, fitness centres and some arenas will be open on Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday for public swimming, skating and fitness classes with modified schedules. Please check withottawa.ca or the facility of your choice for details.
- Many registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenasare cancelled on Good Friday and Easter Monday, however, clients should check with their facilityto confirm, as some exceptions will apply.
- Billings Estate National Historic Site, Pinhey’s Point Historic Site and Cumberland Village Heritage Museum are open for Easter events.
- Arts centres, archives, galleries and theatres will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday.
Municipal child care services:
- City-operated Child Care Centres will also be closed onGood Friday and Easter Monday.